[Zope-CMF] Interesting outside link

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 11:05:45 +0100

* Tres Seaver <tseaver@palladion.com> [010610 16:17]:
> Jon Edwards wrote:
>
> > FYI, I found this article (via Camworld) -
> > http://www.dru.ca/imc/open_pub.html - "Three Proposals for the Future of
> > Open Publishing". Seems they're facing many of the same questions as CMF,

> Interesting article;  I added a link to it in the 'news/weekly' section.
> This is probably not quite the right mechanism, but I wanted to follow up
> on my "don't lose content in the mail" plea.
>
> Perhaps we should have a topic of link objects, sorted by recency?

Yes, that's a great idea.

I've been playing with ideas on how to encourage members to contribute
links, since the process is rather longwinded if all you want to do,
basically, is 'bookmark' a page.

One idea was to add a PUT factory to Link.py which creates a Link out
of a Windoze shortcut.  Then, with webdav, you can (1) drag n drop
shortcuts, and (2) you can tweak the registry so people's actual
bookmark folder location is a folder in their Member folder.

The other idea was to use a javascriptlet on the toolbar.  Users have
to follow instructions on installing it, and then whenever they want
to bookmark a page on the Portal, they just push a button.

Does this sound like a good idea?  I've uploaded the scriplet code to
the dogbowl, but of course it won't have been published yet.  Or has
the default document visibility been changed?

  http://cmf.zope.org/Members/seb/link_shortcuts

Cheers,

seb