[Zope-CMF] problem developing fs-based content type

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 20:29:49 +0200 (CEST)

Heiko Stoermer writes:
 > ... syntax error in product ...
 > then I corrected the syntax error in the source file by restoring it's
 > previous state. restarted Zope and: STILL the same traceback.
 > tried everything. several restarts, cache deleted, other browser, even
 > request from other host. no change.
This is a very strange Zope behaviour that puzzled me seriously,
when I saw it first:

  When a error occurs during some phase in the product installation,
  Zope is so confused that it does not update the information
  in the "traceback" tab of the product.

In such cases:

  Activate the logging mechanism (define "STUPID_LOG_FILE=<your file>"),
  restart Zope and look into the log file.

Dieter