[Zope-CMF] Creating new portal types

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:02:34 +0200

Hello,

I was looking for some docs on how to create new portal types.
I have tried the example with the poll product but ... what I need to create
is a little more complex. I need to create some sort of a folder type and
some sort of documents that only can be added in the specific type of folder
I create and no where else !!!

So I was wondering - can ZClasses work with this ?
Or must I create python scripts that will be placed in the filesystem ?

Besides ... I would like to "attach" a database connection to my portal so I
can add meta data into this from these new portal types I create. Anyone who
has succeeded in doing this ?

Regards,