[Zope-CMF] CMF-Wiki

Dan L. Pierson dan@control.com
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:58:58 -0400

--On Monday, June 11, 2001 02:59:42 PM -0400 Ken Manheimer
<klm@digicool.com> wrote:
> Again, thanks for making this clear to people.  Since the CMF is moving to
> Zope 2.4 dependency, it doesn't make a lot of sense to work to hard on
> solving this for the general case - really, it's a workaround to enable
> people to use it outside its intended context...

I really, really hope this isn't happening too fast.  We're about to put
CMF 1.1 into production with Zope 2.3.2.  One of the promises I had to make
to do this was to not move to Zope 2.4+ for at least six months.  One of
the reasons I was willing to do that was that Zope x.y.z where z >= 2 have
been a lot more stable than .0 (or even .1) versions.  At this point I'd be
very reluctant to consider z .0 or .1 release for production.

If CMF rapidly becomes dependent on (the still unreleased Zope 2.4), we'll
be unable to use or contribute to new features for some period of time.

My understanding was that one of the reasons that CMF is not part of the
Zope core was to prevent lockstep version dependencies like this.

Dan Pierson,
Control.com, Inc.