[Zope-CMF] Missing skin files saga continues

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:34:52 -0400

seb bacon wrote:

 > Well, I'm giving up for now.  There was something very strange going
 > on with that png:
 >
 > [seb@lenin ProtoExtranet-2]$ head mailin.png
 > head: mailin.png: No such file or directory
 >
 > [seb@lenin ProtoExtranet-2]$ stat mailin.png
 > File: "mailin.png"  Size: 274        Blocks: 8         Regular File
 > Access: (0755/-rwxr-xr-x)         Uid: (  500/     seb)  Gid: (  100/
   users)
 > Device: 9          Inode: 3597531    Links: 1
 > Access: Wed Jun 13 13:41:36 2001
 > Modify: Wed Jun 13 12:46:40 2001
 > Change: Wed Jun 13 12:47:37 2001
 >
 > I replaced it with another copy, which I *could* read, and it still
 > didn't work.  I removed the gif completely, and abracadabra, all the
 > other files in the skin appeared again.
 >
 > Two questions:
 >
 > 1) Has anyone seen the curious behaviour above before on Linux?  What
 > does it mean?

No clue, I'm afraid.

 > 2) Is there any chance of having the FSObjects fail less silently?

I think that DirectoryView needs to be hardened a bit to deal with
flaky objects (like the PythonScript files which are bothering some,
or your "Cheshire Cat" PNG).  Please submit a tracker issue to that
effect,

Tres.