[Zope-CMF] Displaying a product in a CMeF Sit

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 11:24:15 +0200

Hello,

I have started on writing my own - a bit complex - product for CMF.
But this isn't a portal_type product. It's a "normal" product like ... hmm
... the rest :-)

Well before I start on coding something that will never be useful, I was
wondering:
If you add my product (it's a media station i'm creating) to your CMF folder
in the ZMI how do I make the CMF aware of that this media station is present
and how do I display a link to the media station in the cmf site ?

The only workaround I see is to distribute a new version of either the
action_box or the standard_top_bar or create an install file telling people
to put this and this code in a specific file.

But is it okay to distribute a product that tell's people to correct their
existing code ????

Anyone else who have thought about this workaround?

Regards,
--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
+45 29 72 79 72

gitte@mmmanager.org

Quote of the minute:
I can read your mind, and you should be ashamed of yourself.