[Zope-CMF] manage_afterAdd not being called?

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 10:26:27 -0400

seb bacon wrote:

> I'm adding some content to a folder like so:
>
>    f = portal_membership.getHomeFolder(member_id)
>    f.invokeFactory('MailMessage',id)
>    o = f._getOb(id)
>    o.edit(file)
>
> But it's not getting indexed, which I presume is because
> manage_afterAdd isn't getting called.  Can anyone tell me why this is?
> Should I be creating the content in a different way?

You derived from PortalContent, right?  Are you using the latest CVS?
Any special workflow?  Are you sure the catalog isn't hiding it from you
(are you looking for it as an anonymous user)?

Shane