[Zope-CMF] Question on Disscusable Content Types

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 17:58:47 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Tres Seaver wrote:
>
>>At the moment, there is no user interface for managing the
>>collection of discussion items.  You could implement one using
>>DTML and ExternalMethods, or wait for CMF 1.2, which will have
>>one "built in".  (Patches accepted, of course :)
>>

> It will? Is anyone working on this yet? Only asking 'cos I'll be writing a
> discussion to do just this for Swishdot :-)

Having just grubbed in that code all day, here are a couple of
tips:

   - Start with an external method which can be called via
     skinning on the offending message.  Suppose you call it
     'delete_reply'.  It should do something like:

     def delete_reply( self, transitive=1 ):
         """
             Delete a DiscussionItem from its talkback;  if 'transitive'
             then delete all replies to it, as well.
         """
         if transitive:
             for reply in self.talkback.getReplies():
                 reply.delete_reply( 1 )
         del self.talkback._container[ self.getId() ]

    - Wire up this method to a workflow action using Shane's
      nifty new TTW workflow.  Set the permissions on it pretty
      tightly;  I think people would be quite unpleasantly surprised
      in most cases if their replies could be removed "lightly".