[Zope-CMF] modifying default user creation

Cyrille Giquello cyrille@ktaland.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:38:06 +0200

seb bacon a =E9crit :

> * Cyrille Giquello <cyrille@ktaland.com> [010619 13:19]:
> > seb bacon a =E9crit :
> >
> > > Cyrille,
> > >
> > > Look at the code in CMFDefault/MembershipTool.py: you'll see a line=

> > > starting Document.addDocument.  You'll be able to copy the code
> > > there.  It's not ideal, and hopefully this behaviour will be
> > > modifiable TTW from the portal_membership tool eventually.  But thi=
> > > is how to do it for now.
> >
> > It isn't overlodable with skin ?
> > Perhaps somewhere in skin, there is a line wich calling a MembershipT=
ool's method,
> > and I'll add my code just after it.
> > But I can't find this line.
>
> Yes, the method being called is addMember().  The recommended way of
> extending its functionality is to subclass or replace modules in
> CMFDefault. By keeping control stuff out of your skins, you will make
> it easier to drop in new skins when you need them without causing
> errors.

I don't want to 'patch' CMFDefault, so I'll use the way of subclassing.

How to subclassing addMember() ?
Just add a python script called addMember is the CMFSite root or in Skins=
/control ?

Other stuff :
I think CMFDefault is more a exemple because I found many call to it's me=
thod in other
CMF products (core.workflow, calendar). So it's a default implementation.=
 So we 'have
to' subclassing its behavior isn't it ??

Cyrille