[Zope-CMF] Seeing what changes have happened.

Jon Edwards jon@pcgs.freeserve.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:07:42 +0100

I've had a problem with 1.1 breaking some of my skins too.

Don't forget that a lot of us love CMF because we can do so much with so
little knowledge! To us, a "cvs diff" is black-magic!

One suggestion - perhaps when DC release a new version, they could include a
list of "Skin Changes" - e.g. "We changed xyz-method in 123-folder to
accomodate the underlying change to blah-blah"

Then we could see at a glance that if we had customised "xyz-method", we
needed to re-visit it. I'm sure this info is around somewhere, but having it
collected together in a nice simple way might help the less-knowledgable
users?

Of course, that's not relevant to Chris' original problem. Sorry for
side-tracking, Chris! :-)

Cheers, Jon

Seb wrote -

Not sure I get your drift...what's wrong with a cvs diff for helping
you to work out how the file has changed?

Upgrading to CMF1.1 broke one of my products in all sorts of lairy
ways, and it took me a while to sort it out.