[Zope-CMF] Re: [Zope] Transparent folders, CookieCrumbler, ZDebug

Geoff Benn G.Benn@ftel.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 14:38:40 +0100

--------------1EE745988CDEEF0A69E480DE

Hi Shane, Jens et al,

I'm using CMF 1.1 with cookies (__ac) and LDAPLoginAdapter (1.6 beta 1) with
optional cookies.

I normally get prompted twice from a clean start, often prompted once, and
sometimes not prompted (the latter because I've tried to persist the __ac
cookie as a test).
I'm really trying to arrange (using  domain = ".ftel.co.uk") for the __ac
cookie to be picked up by all ftel domains.

I believe CMFCore's CookieCrumbler is finding the cookies

     (HTTPRequest.py's output from HTTP_COOKIE)

and perhaps eating? the cookies

     (I tried commenting out: self.delRequestVar(req, self.auth_cookie)
     and got the CMF skins between the 2 logins)

before LDAPLoginAdapter can see them in cookie_validate()

     (ie. request, request.cookies or request.other) the first time
     around ...;-)

- I can provide alot more debug ...

I do also have LDAPUserManager and CMFLDAP.

Any ideas why I get double login requests ?

Please can anyone explain how these inter-relate ?

Previous login ?:

-    auth_cookie = '__ac'

Curent login attempt ?:

-    name_cookie = '__ac_name'
-    pw_cookie = '__ac_password'

Regards,
Geoff

ps. I'm not ciuurently subscribed to the zope.org list, only the CMF list.

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> A new release of Transparent folders is ready.  The only real difference
> is compatibility with Zope 2.3.3.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/TransparentFolders
>
> CookieCrumbler has been re-released independently of CMF.  Thanks to
> living in the CMF for a while, the security hole has been fixed, it tries
> hard not to mess up WebDAV and FTP, the cookie setting is configurable
> with scripts, and default login and logout forms are now included.
>
> http://www.zope.org/Members/hathawsh/CookieCrumbler
>
> ZDebug is currently not compatible with Zope 2.4.x.  I'll work on it soon.
>
> Shane

Fujitsu Telecommunications Europe Ltd
Tel:  +44 (0)121 717 6441
Fax:  +44 (0)121 717 6018
E-mail: G.Benn@ftel.co.uk

--------------1EE745988CDEEF0A69E480DE

Hi Shane, Jens et al,
1) with optional cookies.
and sometimes not prompted (the latter because I've tried to persist the
__ac cookie as a test).
the __ac cookie to be picked up by all ftel domains.
and perhaps eating? the cookies
and got the CMF skins between the 2 logins)</blockquote>
before LDAPLoginAdapter can see them in cookie_validate()
around ...;-)</blockquote>
- I can provide alot more debug ...
list.
The only real difference