Ideas for Discussable ( was Re: [Zope-CMF] Question on Disscusable Content Types)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 19:46:02 +0100

OK, not sure I entirely understand your proposal; but since I may end
up implementing it sooner, I better had :-)  In particular, I'm a bit
of a catalog newbie, and I don't know much about Brains...

Anyway, here's my understanding:

You propose to create a tree-like structure inside a purpose-built
tool, with each node containing a reference to an object.

This means the actual objects themselves can be stored anywhere in the
CMF instance, regardless of their context within a thread.

If I search my site for "gleet" and a discussion item is returned, how
is its thread context discovered from the discussion tool?  Is the
discussion tool a Catalog?

Do you envisage any object being threaded, or a particular discussion
Type, or a discussion mixin for other types?

>    path               - the Path of the object this node refers to. Is there
>                         any reason why it would be bad to store a real object
>                         ref here? ie: self.path = anobject?

can't see why not, myself.

Am I barking up the correct tree, or not?

seb

* Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com> [010626 15:38]: