[Zope-CMF] Hacky solution...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 16:09:33 +0100

Jon Edwards wrote:

> One suggestion - perhaps when DC release a new version, they could include a
> list of "Skin Changes" - e.g. "We changed xyz-method in 123-folder to
> accomodate the underlying change to blah-blah"

This is something I've been batting around for Swishdot.

My idea was to have a section on the Swishdot site where you'd go and type in
the version you're starting from and the version you're going to, this would
provide you with a navigation tree of the skins folders, clicking on a method
name would show you the differences that have occurred so you can make
appropriate changes to your customised skins. New files could be highlighted and
deleted ones could be crossed through.

I think this would help and is and extension of what I currently do for
Squishdot (see http://www.squishdot.org/Documentation/upgrades.html) but it
doesnt' feel as automoated as it might be.

What do other people think?

cheers,

Chris