[Zope-CMF] Adding acquisition containers to a CMF object.

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 22:37:38 +0200 (CEST)

Kent Polk writes:
 > I can use self.__of__(myparent) and aq_chain indicates myparent
 > has been added to the acquisition chain, but only for the current
 > request, and only for the method I call which contains it, which
 > isn't of much use :^(
 > So, how do you permanently (explicitly) add to the acquisition path
 > after _setObject has been run? And it would be handy to be able to
 > change the parent if desired.
Acquisition is *always* bound to a single request.

  Traversal (attribute access) of the object hierarchy
  creates the acquisition wrappers.
  When the request is finished, the acquisition wrappers are
  destroyed (the bare objects remain).

You can use "__bobo_traverse__" to customize the traversal
and the build up of the acquisition chain.

See

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

You may find relevant information in the Zope Developer Guide, too.

Dieter