[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.1

jccooper@rice.edu jccooper@rice.edu
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 09:57:57 -0500 (CDT)

> I have now installed CMF1.1 in the "Products" directory under
> $INSTANCE_HOME. When I go the management interface, I am not able to see the
> CMF under Products in the Control Panel. I start Zope from $INSTANCE_HOME by
> typing - "./zctl.py start".
>
> Can anyone please tell me how I can solve this?

(Can't be sure, but see this previous message, reproduced below.)

----------
> I don't get an error or a traceback. When I install CMF 1.1, the product
> components don't show up at all in the product list. It's really weird.

Maybe I'm thinking a bit simply here, but are you sure you followed the
install instructions precisely? The things that need to go in the
lib/python/Products directory are the subdirectories of the thing that shows
up when you unpack the install archive.

It sounds from your description like this isn't the problem, but, well, I did it.

> Maybe time to learn linux.

It's always time to learn Linux.

		--jcc
	(mmm... acquisition)

Perhaps the CMF tar structure should be changed to conform with the usual
product distribution format, or perhaps the tricky bits written in red text or
something.

             --jcc
         (yay objects!)