[Zope-CMF] Making custom content types?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:49:25 -0400

CMF seems to have a helpful infrastructure for my intended applications
(thanks to the excellent DCWorkflow). Deploying a few Zopes will be a
lot more fun than a few Exchange servers!

I will have a small to moderate number of 'document' and 'event' types
that will be associated with 'people' objects (not users). Will it be
practical and useful to create custom CMF content types for each of
these items? Does CMF become unweildy with a CMF content type for each
type of 'major Object'?

The primary reason for doing this is to leverage the workflow engine as
much as possible. It would seem that a content type that exposes
state-determining properties to the workflow engine is the way to go.

What kind of functionality is available to manage references between CMF
content items?