[Zope-PTK] Different permissions for different products (fwd)

Kent Polk kent@goathill.org
16 Mar 2001 17:19:49 GMT

On 16 Mar 2001 08:40:00 -0600, Sigve Tjora wrote:
>Hi
>
>I have written a couple of CMF-products. Basicly I just copied document.py
>or newsitem.py from the CMFDefault directory to my own product directory.
>Then rename the files to what ever you want, replace each occurence of the
>name in the py files with your name and alter the code to fit your needs.
>You probably want to make some gui-files in the contents skin-directory
>to, or perhaps make a my-contents skindirectory and change the skins in
>the portal_skins tool. The document.py or newsitem.py are not that
>complex, most of the "magic" is done other places that you (hopefully)
>wont have to change.
>
>Remember you must have an __init__.py file in your productsdirectory to
>initialize your products. Copy the one from CMFDefault, and change
>whatever that you need to change, and cut out what isn't needed.

Few questions:

for instance, supposing you want your products to behave like other
CMF products, how do you handle things like factory_type_information
(CMFDefault.Portal.py)?

And what information do you feed to utils.initializeBasesPhasex()
to set up your Product as a ZClass?

This is easy to do by hacking CMFDefault, but I can't get it to
work outside of CMFDefault.