[Zope-PTK] Different permissions for different products

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 12:55:35 -0500

Adrian Madrid wrote:

> I've been playing a lot lately with the default
> products and found that you can't assign different
> permissions to documents, news items, etc. For
> example, I wanted to let members add only favorites
> and links and let owners add any kind of items. The
> problem is that all the items have the same permission
> setting (add portal content) which doesn't allow for
> granularity.

The idea is that you'd be able to set up fine-grained access using the
Security tab on the type objects... but I just realized this doesn't
currently work. ;-)  Would you mind adding this to the tracker?

Shane