[Zope-PTK] More bugs ...

Dan L. Pierson dan@control.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:14:35 -0500

--On Friday, March 16, 2001 12:05:05 PM -0700 Bill Anderson <bill@libc.org>
wrote:

> On 16 Mar 2001 09:27:54 -0500, Dan L. Pierson wrote:
>> The Dublin Core defines Subject to be a set of keywords.  Of course this
>> is  rather different than, say, Squishdot subjects...
>

> Ok, then does not the DC also define categories? How about adding them
> as default then?

I think that CMF needs to do at least two things to support the DC subject
field in a useful way:

1. Provide a (CMF level?) management interface for defining and editing the
list of keywords.  I think that the actual list of useful keywords is very
domain specific (i.e. our not-yet-composed keyword list might be useful
to other automation sites, but not to anyone else) so there's little point
in specifying the list of keywords in the DC.

2. Change the Subject field on the metadata edit form to a multiple select
against the keyword list.