[Zope-PTK] Broken Product - reload?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 21:11:06 +0100 (CET)

Kent Polk writes:
 > Ok, I broke the CMFCore with a typo. I fixed the source file, but
 > I can't figure out how to get Zope to reload the fixed version.
 > CMFCore remains broken and Control_panel/Products/CMFCore complains
 > about the error, which no longer exists. I've tried everything
 > short of nuking the CMF instance I'm running, and I'd really rather
 > not do that. :^(
Exceptions during a call to "initialize" are not shown
(except in the log file, if you enabled logging) and
cause the old information not to be updated.

You have two options:

 * delete the broken product and restart
   you will then see the (new) traceback

 * enable logging (STUPID_LOG_FILE=<your_log_file> on the command line),
   restart and look into the log file.

Dieter