[Zope-PTK] Late changes to PTK broke my site

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:24:30 -0500

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> A customized portal , which worked fine on the last CVS version of
> PTKDemo etc, has stopped working with the CMF 1.0Beta version.
>
> 1. Pressing new in 'my stuff' does not anymore give me a liat with
> items. Only the id box and add button. Looking in the types tool reveals
> that all items are there.

Most likely you need to modify the "folder" type: by default it should
not filter the allowable content, but until the beta, it did (and
another bug masked the problem.)

> 2  When using the ZMI (or pyton code) to create an item the site fails
> with the following error:
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: getCatalogVariablesFor
> (snip)
>
> This function is new (to me at least). It is defined in the Core default
> workflow. The workflowsetup looks very different from what it was. Could
> anyone help me understanding what is going on?

If you delete your workflow tool and replace it with the new workflow
tool (by adding a "CMF Tool" to the portal), you should be in good
shape.  Alternatively, you can use the migration script I have written.
Unfortunately, I expected some testing and documentation on it by now,
but no one on the CMF team has done that part yet. :-(

Shane