[Zope-CMF] DTML in News/Documents - WHY ??

Stephen Hindle shindle@toocool.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 13:01:36 -0800

The lack of DTML in Documents is causing me problems
with index_html pages.  The 'default' index doesn't
list any of the contents of a folder - you have to
keep hitting 'view contents'.  So I figured I'd just
'supply' a index_html document.  However, this turned
out to be more difficult then anticipated.  It has to
be done from within the CMF management console, as the
stock management console 'DTML_Document' type causes
CMF to choke.  The CMF based index_html page can't
display the news box though, nor any other cool CMF/Zope
stuff because they're all DTML based.

In short, this seems like a step backwards....
Is it really a good thing not to allow DTML ?
Could a new content type "DTML Document" be added
to CMF ?
Is there some other method for customizing the look of a
site ?

Mechanix