[Zope-CMF] CMF goes to school

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 07:33:33 -0500

Timothy Wilson wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been following the CMF for quite a while now. In fact, a description
> of the "in the works" PTK back in the summer of 1999 was one of the things
> that got me interested in Zope initially. Congrats to all on 1.0!
>
> Now I'm trying to figure out how (and if) I can use the CMF at my school
> district's site (http://www.isd197.k12.mn.us/). One fairly obvious area
> would be teachers' personal Web pages. Does anyone else have a brainstorm
> about some additional areas that I should consider?

A couple of possibilities:

* CMF-based weblog (Chris Withers is going to re-do Squishdot on
  top of the CMF, for instance).

* How about using the CMF to build a "You are there" simulation of
  some event, where particpants interact with the simulation by
  uploading content.  NewsItems could be used by the moderators
  to reveal the unfolding.  E.g., participants could represent
  nations at the Congress of Vienna, or states at the Constitutional
  Convention.

* Use Links and Topics to build Yahoo-style categorization of
  K12 resources.