[Zope-CMF] PortalPoll access problem.

Dave Woolston davew@digicool.com
Wed, 2 May 2001 11:01:34 -0400

Hello IV,

Ignacio Vales wrote:

> The correct security incantation for this to work for the average user is
to check
> the 'modify portal contents' security setting.  Took much clicking and
trial and
> error on Add portal content, View, and some other promising but wrong
options as
> well as fishing on other security like pages.  That's the key one.  Dave
if you
> could place this in your tutorial it would be great.  Thanks,
>
> -- IV
>
> Ignacio Valdes wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> My review database is working okay for superuser, but has permission
>> problems for regular users.  It is almost certainly a simple permission
>> problem, but I don't know which switch to throw.  You can try it at:
>> http://www.linuxmednews.com/linuxmednews/LMNProjectsResources/ I
>> re-created the PortalPoll tutorial just to check my methods, and it has
>> the same problem in which I can get to the Title and Question screen,
>> then it hiccups when I want to actually add the instance, putting up a
>> login dialog box like I need more authority, then if I hit cancel
>> generating this message:
>>
>> Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
>>
>> -- IV
>>
>> Site Error
>>
>>               An error was encountered while publishing this resource.
>>
>>               Unauthorized
>>
>>               You are not authorized to access indexObject.

<rest of traceback snipped>

There is a small snippet in the Tutorial Special Notes section that states:

"Error trying to indexObject. You need to go to the proxy tab for the
EditDone method and set that proxy
              role to manager."

Obviously, this is not the best solution, the one you mention above is much
better.  I plan on updating
the Tutorial when the 1.1 CMF release is done (I don't know exactly when
that will be).  I will
add this enhancement.  I will also rework the Step by Step section to
accompany the Tutorial a
little better as you have suggested in a previous list post.

Thanks for the feedback,
Dave

Dave Woolston   davew@digicool.com
Digital Creations  www.digicool.com