[Zope-CMF] DefaultWorkflow.py -- how do I extend this?

Ken Manheimer klm@digicool.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 08:50:34 -0400 (EDT)

If i understand your questions, i think the URL tool 'portal_url' does
some of the things you want - source in CMFDefault/URLTool.py .  Eg,

> 2. I would like to get a hold of the Portal root (how?) I would imagine it
> would be something simple like using my aq_parent and ask it where is the
> nearest Portal Root -- I would rather ask an object and not rely on
> acquisition.

urltool = self.getToolByName('portal_url')
portal = urltool.getPortalObject()

There are a few other methods in the tool that may be useful - the class
is fairly compact, take a look at it...

Ken Manheimer
klm@digicool.com