[Zope-CMF] [ANN] CMFLDAP product released

Ben Riga briga@borland.com
Thu, 3 May 2001 18:05:01 -0700

I tried to get this working on a Windows system a while back but was never
able to get all the pieces together.  It appears that the underlying LDAP
objects are primarily available only on Linux.

Now that this is available for CMF I'd like to try this again.  Do you know
of a site where I could get information on setting this up for Windows NT or
2K?

Thanks,
Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
Of Jens Vagelpohl
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2001 7:45 PM
To: zope-cmf@zope.org
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope-CMF] [ANN] CMFLDAP product released

hi everybody,

CMFLDAP is a standalone python product which replaces the membership tools
in the CMF with LDAP-backend-compatible implementations.

In order to work with an LDAP server it uses the services exposed by the
LDAPLoginAdapter (http://www.dataflake.org/software/ldaploginadapter) and
the LDAPUserManager (http://www.dataflake.org/software/ldapusermanager)
products.

  **Important note**

  The minimum software requirements for this product combo are as follows:

  o Zope 2.3.0 or higher

  o a CMF CVS checkout or release after 4/27/01

  o LDAPLoginAdapter 1.4beta3 or higher

  o LDAPUserManager 1.1beta2 or higher

You can view some of the documentation and download the software at
http://www.dataflake.org/software/cmfldap/.

A Tracker at that same address allows you to easily file bug reports or
feature requests for this product.

jens