[Zope-CMF] how to restrict addition of a portal_type?

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Fri, 04 May 2001 16:39:49 -0400

I was checking out
http://cmf.zope.org/Members/tseaver/how_tos/taming_types_tool

at the end one of the use scenarios was to make a 'news-only' folder.  It
occured to me, it would be nice to limit the ability to add something like
this to managers only.  So after making a FTI news-only type, in the
security screen, for  Access contents information I unchecked 'inherit' and
checked 'manager'.

then, when logged in as just a Member, when you go to add content (with
'New...' inside a folder, say), you get a zope login dialog.  If you cancel,
you get the error Error type: Unauthorized, Error value: 12, source of fault
is folder_factories, the line is <dtml-in allowedContentTypes>

...and from there my head hurts :)