[Zope-CMF] Bug detected?

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
06 May 2001 15:28:20 -0600

OK, it isn't a big nasty one ,,, well nasty yes.

I created a custom news Item (via STI), when i reached the Title field,
i entered  a title, and for some put a smiley at the end (title was
"IGNORE! :)".

it was a test of the new type, so ... then When i hit change & edit, i
got a big ugly traceback, that said: UnMatched Parenteses.

now, IMO, that indicated something wring somewhere. Why should I be
getting that on the value of a property?? For thoroughness I tried
titles with closed parenthesis such as (test). Worked fine.
I imagine it may not be common that a title has an 'unmatched'
parenthesis, but it trips my trigger about why it even matters.

Should not Zope/ZMF not give arats behind about what the title string
is?

bill