[Zope-CMF] Can this be done?

Allen.Vailliencourt@channelmaxinc.com Allen.Vailliencourt@channelmaxinc.com
Mon, 7 May 2001 12:25:40 -0400

Greetings.

So far I have been very impressed with Zope and I am just starting to jump into the CMF section to
start learning that aspect of it.  Here's my scenario:

We are redoing our corporate intranet which currently runs 90% off Lotus Notes and 10% off IIS/ASP.

Our redesign will still be on IIS (unfortunately) but we are looking at migrating our major forms
and stuff from Lotus Notes to JSP.

What I want to do with Zope CMF is create our new intranet that can be managed by multiple content
managers (credit, hr, payroll, mis, accounting, etc) and integrate our JSP forms, etc within the
site.  I know I'll be integrating a few other backend systems (forms in JSP for example).  Is this
doable?

I want to get away from our current archaic static intranet and move it to a dynamic one using Zope
-- minus the $$.  We had looked into Documentum, and Interwoven but their prices were not in our
range due to some other major IT projects we have already. I like Zope due to the fact it's
standards based, open sourced, etc.

Success stories? Comments?

thanks everyone.

~Allen Vailliencourt