[Zope-CMF] Discussable disappeared.

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Wed, 9 May 2001 22:53:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 9 May 2001, Ignacio Valdes wrote:

<snip>
> Okay, I put in the above code into allow_discussion

AIYAH!  Don't do that!  call the new DTML Method
"test_discussion_parms", or "edna", or anything except one of the
values it is trying to dump itself!  I'll chalk this one up to
new-baby sleep deprivation. :)

> and run it
> against one of my objects at this URL:
> http://www.linuxmednews.com/linuxmednews/LMNProjects/20010503123815/20010503160056/20010503170304/allow_discussion
>
> And I get a Zope error that says 'System Error', 'excessive
> recursion' with a big long repeating message, part of which
> I've included here:

Right, you've created a method which always calls itself;  Zope
is catching that for you, after about a hundred times, instead of
core dumping. :)