[Zope-CMF] Changing Object Creator

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 13:41:38 -0400

Flynt wrote:

> "Rolander, Dan" wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to change the creator of an object? I have inadvertently
> > created some things as Zope manager, and I'd like them to be listed as
> > created by my CMF login. How do I do this?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dan
> >
> The same question was answered yesterday by Tim and Dieter
> on the dev list.

The 'Creator' method in CMFDefault.DublinCore *currently* queries
Zope's "executable owner" for the content object, which is what Flynt's
external method would allow you to change.  A better implementation
would return instead the user (or users) who have the "Owner" role
on the object;  this would make changing the value simpler, and more
in line with what you would expect.