[Zope-CMF] explainCatalogTool.dtml?

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Sat, 12 May 2001 14:32:40 -0400

Jonathan Corbet wrote:

> Being the masochistic, bleeding-edge sort of guy that I am, I did a "cvs
> update" this morning which brought down the new "overview" changes.  I also
> happen to be messing a bit with the catalog, and so was dismayed when
> clicking on "portal_catalog" gave me an error:
>
>         Error Type: AttributeError
>         Error Value: _v_blocks
>
> Happily for me, I've spent enough time banging my head against that
> particular wall, and I know that this error *really* means that a DTML file
> is missing.  Wouldn't it be nice if it said something like "file
> such-and-such is missing", but, then, I'm a dreamer...
>
> The offending file this time is explainCatalogTool.dtml.  Did somebody,
> perhaps, forget a "cvs add"?

Hmm, I show that those files were added "Fri May 11 02:38:29";  it
looks as though the synchronization mechanism, which move changes out
to the "public" CVS server, didn't pick them up.

We have an active effort going to get out of our current CVS bind;
I've just manually resynched the repository, and can see the files
from the public side.

Sorry for the confusion!