[Zope-CMF] ZCatalog does only partly index new Content Types

Tres Seaver tseaver@digicool.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 11:11:24 -0400

Lucas Hofman wrote:

> I have created a new content type called 'report' based on 'portal
> file'. It contains a lot more attributes than file, otherwise the
> functionality is the same.
>
> Indexing these new attributes works fine. However, the simple text box
> is broken; SearchableText is not indexed for this new type. 'report.py'
> contains a SearchableText method, as does file.py. Neither of these get
> called when reindexing or rebuilding the index. However a file instance
> -the parent of 'report- gets properly indexed via SearchableText.
>
> What could cause this? Could it be some kind of permission problem,
> where Zcatalog get no permission to execute SearchableText ?

Can you traverse to an instance of your 'report' type and call
SearchableText on it as anonymous?  E.g.,:

  http://your.site/cmf_site/my_report/SearchableText

I would also look at the catalog entry for your report object (in
the "Catalog" tab of the 'portal_catalog' object's ZMI);  it should
show a big tuple of words, if the field is being indexed.