[Zope-CMF] ie5.5/binary files -- multiple promptings to open from location

alan runyan runyaga@thisbox.com
Mon, 21 May 2001 13:02:31 -0500

I'm having a annoying little oddity.  w/ IE5.5 and CMF/ZOPE

when I click on the url  I get three promptings:

first prompt is for / - open from location
second prompt is for blobby.wav  - open from location
third prompt is for blobby.wav - AGAIN.  - open from location - finally
works.

if I say blobby.wav/download the same thing happens except for / i get a
prompt for download

this was happening on the digicool.com site trying to open the .pdf files,
is this the same problem?  I believe Adam Davis and/or digicool webmaster
had solved it.

I am using Virtual Hosting and CMF.

btw: Mr Blobby is some bizarre british kid show I think.  I've been trying
to find a Mr Blobby doll so if anyone knows where I can find one please
email me ;)

~runyaga