[Zope-CMF] Sneak preview - workflow

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Tue, 22 May 2001 13:13:26 -0400

Fred Yankowski wrote:

> On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 12:42:52PM -0400, Paul Everitt wrote:
> > I think there's a hundred counterpoints (starting with BerkeleyStorage),
> > but apparently one case where we contemplated "cherry-picking".  People
> > did that math and concluded we were inappropriate are people that would
> > never believe in us anyway, so it's hard to weep about losing them.
>
> Huh?  I can't understand that paragraph at all.  Could you please
> explain that again.

Sorry, I'm on a conference call.  I probably typed some of the phone
conversation and said some of this conversation. :^)

Anyway, I've learned that there are some people that you can never win.
The argument was that, based on this one thing about workflow, we'd be
accused of cherry-picking.  My counter was that we have quite a high
number of cases where we didn't cherry pick, perhaps a hundred-to-one.

I think people in the community, like Seb, will give us the benefit of
the doubt (while helping make sure we reach the appropriate conclusion
:^).  People outside the community (Chris's reference to FSF zealots)
that are eager to find a weapon will latch onto it as evidence to
support their foregone conclusion.

I've learned to have a thicker skin about these things and understand
that that's just the way it is, nothing to get worked up about.  I
choose to care about the opinions of people in the community, more than
catering to detractors.

--Paul