[Zope-CMF] Refining the disposition of published-documentrevisions

albert boulanger aboulang@ldeo.columbia.edu
Wed, 30 May 2001 10:57:27 -0400 (EDT)

   Sender: shane@shane.digicool.com
   Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 10:26:43 -0400
   From: Shane Hathaway <shane@digicool.com>
   Cc: zope-cmf@zope.org

   albert boulanger wrote:
   > If I may turn things around a bit on this thinking. I propose a view
   > of workflow and versioning that is sort of inverted from the way being
   > discussed. I have actually implemented somthing like this for our
   > products at vPatch:
   >
   > Think about the work and the workflow itself in a workflow being
   > versioned. In our system all the materials (documents) in a workflow
   > is in a collection that is available from a versioned workflow.
   >
   > In theory, one could do it both ways as one is like an inverted index
   > of the other if versioning is done in a consistant way across entities.

   One could also say that the ZODB itself is the "versioned workflow".  In
   that case, either view will have the same implementation.

   Simplify, simplify, simplify. :-)

   Shane

Yeah! I like Paul's idea of making Zope work as a subversion server to
support this.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger
aboulanger@vpatch.com