[Zope-CMF] We have a winner :-)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 14:20:25 +0100

Seb wrote:
> This would be lovely, fantastic, wonderful, blah.

By 'blah', I assume you mean 'perfectly possible' ;-)

> 1) extract metadata
> 2) extract language content for indexing
> 3) display in web-friendly format

Yup, that'll do most people I think but I'm sure someone will chip in if
we've forgotten something...

> Word *
> Excel
> Powerpoint
> Photoshop *
> PDF *
> Illustrator

That lot would do me more than happily. I think just word and excel would
actually cover the vast majority of applications. Of course, building a nice
extensible way of doing this would future proof it :-)

> star.  Anyone else for anything else?  I'm very enthusiastic about
> this and I'd be happy to donate some free time to supporting formats
> properly.

Cool :-)

Adam wrote:
> With the caveat that I don't make the decisions around here ;), I would
> suggest that if the community has the strong desire to keep MS at bay in
> this space and the willingness to work on some of the engineering details,
> DC could potentially provide the corporate 'clout' that makes for
> partnership opportunities.

Double cool..

Well, I can't really help here since I know jack about the document formats
concerned but it looks like the two have you have got both my points
covered, which makes me very happy :-)

If there is anything I can do to help, gimme a shout, otherwise I'll leave
you to get on with it :-)))

happily,

Chris