[Zope-CMF] Cataloging folder-based types

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org" <gitte@mmmanager.org
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:39:02 +0100

On 6. november 2001 18:19, Jo=E3o Neves [SMTP:joao@fabricadeideias.com]=20
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I created a z-class based on the Portal Folder type which needs to be
> indexed in our portal catalog. In order to index it, I added a method
> 'indexObject'  to which I refer whenever necessary which also works
> great. The problem is that I can't unindex an instance whenever I =
delete
> an object. I've tried to create a 'manage_beforeDelete' method, which
> didn't work, I've tried altering the folder_delete method, I basically
> ran out of ideas. The type must derive from Portal Folder, since I =
need
> those characteristics (folderish, but with some added properties, =
> and methods).
>
> Any ideas on how to unindex my z-class upon deletion are highly
> appreciated!!

Well I also have created a portal type deriving from Portal Folder and =
it=20
get's indexed in the catalog perfectly well. The problems show up when=20
deleting the object. It isn't getting unindexed then ...

Someone on this list told me that I should let the class derive from=20
Portal Content ... but the class already does that ...

So CMF-Guru-Guys ... how do we unindex these folderish types ?? :-)

TIA,
Gitte Wange