[Zope-CMF] Auto-redirect to login page page is broken

Dave Lehman davelehman@loewen.com
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 14:23:15 -0600

I've done some extensive customizations on my CMF site, and somewhere in
the process, have broken the feature which auto-redirects a visitor to the
login_form if they don't have access to something. At this point, all my
site does is pop-up the ugly authentication dialog.

>From some other messages on the list, I believe this functionality is
supposed to happen in standard_html_header. However, i'm not sure exactly
how. If I look at the standard_html_header in my generic skin folder, the
only thing I can guess is that the following code does it:

<dtml-if "_.hasattr(this(),'isEffective') and not isEffective( ZopeTime()
)">
  <dtml-unless "portal_membership.checkPermission('Request review',this())
             or portal_membership.checkPermission('Review portal
content',this())">
    <dtml-var "RESPONSE.unauthorized()">
  </dtml-unless>
</dtml-if>

However, if I stick this into the top of my custom "standard_html_header"
it still doesn't work. I do have a "cookie crumbler" instance in the root
of my CMF site-- I believe it was put there automatically when my site was
created.

Any ideas on why it is broken or how to fix it? (or a better way to
redirect to the login page?)

Regards,
Dave