[Zope-CMF] MySQLUserFolder and CMF

Jens Vagelpohl jens@zope.com
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:27:25 -0500

a lot of user folders have their own unique API when it comes to adding,
deleting or editing user records. that's why most of them won't work with
the CMF "out of the box" (as far as joining or setting preferences goes).

the Right Thing (TM) to do is to override some of the tools (in most cases
portal_membership and portal_memberdata) so that all those methods that
directly talk to the user folder for editing/adding/deleting take the user
folder's API into account.

a (now somewhat outdated) example is the CMFLDAP package which has those
tools modified to work with the LDAPLoginAdapter/LDAPUserManager API::

http://www.dataflake.org/software/cmfldap/

jens