[Zope-CMF] exUserFolder with CMF?

Forest Zachman fzachman@codeit.com
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:02:08 -0500

Maybe I should be bugging the exUserFolder guys about this, but I'm
wondering if anyone has gotten these two to work together?

I'm trying to use exUserFolder version 0.9 (latest release) with ZODB
Authentication, portal_memberdata wrapper, Basic Membership Source.

The problem is, I can't get it to actually log anyone in.  I create an
account and attempt to login but it just won't go.  I've tried placing a
debug statement in the "std_validate" method (which gets called in a normal
exUserFolder located outside of the CMF using basic configuration, ie.
acting as a normal UserFolder), but it never even gets called in the
instance I have placed in my CMF.  Perhaps this isn't the right place to be
looking for an authentication call..I'm not too keen on the innards of
Zope's authentication methods.

Anyways, if you've perhaps gotten a version of exUserFolder to work with the
CMF (perhaps just this version is buggy?) as described, or you have some
other ideas of where I can place some debugs to try to track this issue down
(ie. what are the chain of authentication calls made..or even just where to
start...) I'd much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
Forest Zachman      www.codeit.com
Developer                  714-972-2299