[Zope-CMF] Permissions for CMF content type editing

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:00:18 -0500

Richard Ettema wrote:

> I have created a ZClass and included as a content type in a CMF site. It all
> works fine when adding a new instance of this ZClass until the owner edits
> it and saves changes.
>
> The instance has the correct Owner permissioning of 'View' and 'Modify
> Portal Content'. The edit method called saves changes using
> manage_changeProperties. The problem is that the edit method expects 'Manage
> Properties' permission or a login prompt appears. I thought 'Modify Portal
> Content' covers the permissions for Owners to change properties.
>
> Any ideas what I have missed?

The name, 'manage_changeProperties', is protected by 'Modify
properties' in the base class which defines it (OFS.PropertyManager,
I think);  you will need to map the 'Modify portal content' onto
'Modify properties' in the ZClass' permissions tab.