[Zope-CMF] PathIndex query options

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:36:07 -0700

I've looked hard at the two pages returned for "PathIndex" on
Zope.org, and cannot make sense out of how to use 'level'.  From
the example, which is full of paths like '/aa/bb/cc' and
'/cc/bb/cc' - all of the same size and using the same three
letters -, I cannot tell if I can do a path query to find objects
ONLY in a certain path, and not above or below it.

I have a situation where I have a hierarchy of Task content
objects, and in one case I only want to display the immediate child
tasks at certain paths (basically to top-level tasks), using the
catalog query except for (hopefully) one changed parameter.

http://www.zope.org/Members/michel/ZB/SearchingZCatalog.dtml
http://www.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PathIndexDocumentation

Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@cuemedia.com