[Zope-CMF] CatalogTool bug

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar jdavid@nuxeo.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 13:10:43 +0100

Tres Seaver wrote:

> Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I filled a report bug against the ZCatalog, but
>> it wasn't there, the bug is in the CMF from the CVS.
>>
>> In CMFCore.CatalogTool.CatalogTool.searchResults there're
>> these two lines:
>>
>>   kw[ 'effective' ] = { 'query' : now, 'usage' : 'range:max' }
>>   kw[ 'expires' ] = { 'query' : now, 'usage' : 'range:min' }

(1)

>> Which are wrong, they should be:
>>
>>   kw[ 'effective' ] = { 'query' : now, 'range' : 'max' }
>>   kw[ 'expires' ] = { 'query' : now, 'range' : 'min' }

(2)

> This is certainly the preferred spelling for range queries
> under Zope 2.4;  I *think* it won't work for a Zope 2.3 site,
> however.

The problem is that now it doesn't works with Zope 2.4.

To work with Zope 2.3 and Zope 2.4 it would be better to use
the old way:

   kw['effective'] = now
   kw['effective_usage'] = 'range:max'

(3)

Yesterday, I spent most of the day with this problem, at first
I though it was a workflow or security problem, then I though
it was a Catalog bug, but this morning I understood (after the
reply from Adreas to my bug report against the Catalog) that
the problem is in the CVS CMF.

The old way (3) and the new one (2) work with Zope 2.4, but as
it's now (1) it don't works.

>> By the way, is there a bug collector for the CMF?
>

> The CMF tracker is at:
>
>  http://www.zope.org/Products/PTK/Tracker

Thanks, I'll use it next time.

--