[Zope-CMF] Installing

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 11:41:56 +0100

* Alessandra Donnini <a.donnini@smarten.com> [011001 10:28]:
> Hi,
> 1 - I downloaded Zope 2.4.1 (because the zope.com site gives only
this option) but CMF 1.1 depends on Zope 2.3.2 that is not available!

Zope 2.3.2 is available - but you have to look hard for it :-0

  http://www.zope.org/Products/Zope/2.3.2

But a better option is to get the latest CVS version of the CMF, which
has several new features, and works with the latest Zope.

  http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ReadOnlyAccess

has some instructions.  The relevant command would be:

  cvs -z7 -d :pserver:anonymous@cvs.zope.org:/cvs-repository checkout CMF

> 2 - CMF doesn't seem available for windows, it is possible to try it
> on my PC?

Yes.  It's all written in python, i.e. it's completely cross-platform.
However, there is a buglet in the skins tool which you will need to be
aware of if you move a site from windows to linux.  Search the list
archives for fixes.

seb