[Zope-CMF] CMF and user roles/permissions

d.turpie@open.ac.uk d.turpie@open.ac.uk
Thu, 04 Oct 2001 08:59:32 -0000

I am building an Intranet using the CMF and require to setup various
roles giving users specific rights to access and modify the Intranet.

I have content authors who can create and submit portal content.
I have content managers who can create, publish, reject, delete
portal content.

I want the content managers to also be able to edit and amend portal
content but am having trouble understanding what all the roles do
within the security tab. At the moment the content manager role
cannot edit portal content/documents and I can't seem to work out
what permission(s) I need them to have so they can do this.

Anyone got experience of using the CMF security tab, setting up
roles, know what the different permissions mean/allow.

Thanks in advance for your help.

David Turpie.