[Zope-CMF] Project-style workflows, DCWorkflow, SQL, etc.

Albert Boulanger aboulanger@vpatch.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:19:20 -0400

Phillip writes:

> Not to me, but I'm probably blinded by viewing this through the lenses of
> my "waiter-for" model perspective.  What you're saying above sounds like
> overkill to me, as I don't think it's necessary to modify the existing CMF
> at all in order to do more complex workflows.  At most, DCWorkflow might
> need some extra features, but I'm not sure even that would be necessary.

To me, the approach taken by wfmc represents best practice of a group of companies
building workflow systems. Many workflow systems have used this model and to me there
two main advantages:

1) Avoid reinventing the wheel.
2) Interoperability with other workflow systems or other workflow design packages
designed
to work with the wfmc model.

Regards,
Albert Boulanger