[Zope-CMF] I do not want to press the reload-button (image does not refresh)

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 08:26:23 -0400

Dhanu wrote:

> I have written one zclass object extending portalcontent,portalfolder.I
> made it portaltype and wrote skin for adding rows of text-image
> combinations.
>
> Iam adding images to object.But when i delete ( image1 named as
> "image1") and add different image (again as "image1"),the image is still
> showing old image.The image will change only when i delete all files
> from browser cache.
>
> I had set
>
>   <dtml-call expr="REQUEST['RESPONSE'].setHeader('Cache-control'
>                                                 ,'must-revalidate')">
>
> in standard_html_header but still it is showing the same
>
> Thanks for your time and patience,

Depending on the browser, you may need to set the 'Expires'
header as well.  You may also need to tweak the browser's preferences;
some have a "cache at all costs" setting, which the HTTP spec permits,
in order to allow people with flaky bandwidth to reduce their pain.