[Zope-CMF] unit test failure

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 11:45:44 +0100

* Tres Seaver <tseaver@zope.com> [011017 04:03]:
> >Testing package Products/CMFCore
> >...................F............
> >Time: 0.469s
> >
> >!!!FAILURES!!!
> >Test Results

> Seb,
>
> I can't reproduce this, either against my 2.3 sandbox or my 2.4 one.
> Can you provide more info about your setup?

Hmm.  It was the latest CVS against 2.4.0; I just tried against 2.4.1
and everything was fine.  I was using the run_all_tests script, which
required a copy of zctl.py (shouldn't a copy of this be in the cvs?)

The test which was failing was checking that the path to an object in
the catalog was updated correctly when its containing folder was
renamed - hence my suspicion about the fact that PortalFolders aren't
ever indexed.  Obviously this isn't the problem.  I don't know
the catalog well enough to understand the mechanism whereby the path
should get updated.  2.4.0 must be broken in some way, though I can't
find anything which looked relevant in the 2.4.1 CHANGES.txt.

I confirmed the problem that the unit test found by renaming a folder
in the CMF, and searching for a subobject; the returned path was
indeed wrong, when using 2.4.0.

On a related note, what is the thinking behind not indexing portal
folders?

seb