[Zope-CMF] Discussion item reply using plain text rather than structured text

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 20:50:48 +0100

* marc lindahl <marc@bowery.com> [011023 17:34]:
> Of course, if Structured Text worked a bit better, it would be able to
> directly render plain text almost WSYWIG - the main flaw being the
> requirement of a double <CR> to break a paragraph.

I have to agree that the stx rules are counterintuitive... is there a
design reason for the inability to do a single-spaced line break, I
wonder?

Personally, I've changed my stx to do a <br> on single line breaks.
However, I'm still not very happy with it, and rather than spend ages
doing a fishbowl proposal, etc, I'm tending towards using a WYSIWYG
widget for the majority of users (i.e. IE).  I think it will take me
quite a while to come up with a STX I'm happy with.

seb